What your day-to-day looks like?
- Installation of phone systems, cabling, programming, fault diagnosis and rectification, terminating, testing and tagging of network service
- Basic customer training on all installed products
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues using your knowledge, experience and judgment as to the best approach
- Build rapport and maximise customer satisfaction
- Provide follow-up support to customers if required
- Work with sales and project delivery teams to manage jobs to a successful completion
- General project administration duties
- Interpreting and understanding supplied solution design
- Technical and problem solving assistance to other field technicians
- Liaising with key contacts including industry vendors
- General stock and inventory management
What skills are we looking for?
- Technical problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation and high level customer service and engagement skills with capability to deliver customer training
- Self driven and motivated (given some remote locations) and comfortable driving long distances
- Available to travel to the Gold Coast for training / meetings etc.
- Enjoys keeping up to date with technology
- Skilled with networking and hardware
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Some level of sales experience to be able to see opportunities and also offer further solutions to clients
- High attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously, on own initiative as well as within a small technical team
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a busy environment
- An understanding and commitment to industry safety procedures & requirements
- A positive upbeat attitude is a must as is being resilient
- Ability to explain technical issues in 'plain English'
- A current driver's licence
- Must hold Australian Residency
Required training / experience
- 2 plus years experience in installing, maintaining NEC SL 2100 and SV9100 Systems required
- 2 plus years experience in installing, maintaining LG/IPECS UCP100 and EMG80 Systems required
And both of the following
- Cert 3 in Telecommunications or equivalent ACMA cable certifications understanding of VoIP and IP Networking with network certification 1,2,and 3 also switches/VLAN
- Experience configuring soft phones, applications and remote handsets installation and deployment of wi-fi solutions e.g SoWIFI, Meraki, Aruba Ideally 2+ years installing and maintaining customer premises equipment (CPE) or associated ICT solutions
You will enjoy being in some challenging situations, as this line of work will see you structure some very unstructured cabling in homes, you will be happy to be around some K9 assistance on some days, and you’ll also love traveling to new and unusual spots.
You will love making a difference to our business customers, where you will be swapping out old phones to new ones as well as
programming systems, servers and switches, so they can increase their operational efficiencies.
At Techwell we picture a world where our solutions make running businesses simple. We are a group of inspired individuals and passionate tech-heads and our customers are the core of everything we do. The Techwell team provide whole of business solutions including phone systems, multi-function devices, digital media, mobility, ICT solutions associated applications and more. Techwell is known as the number one phone system supplier within Australia, awarded by NEC as their NEC Unified Communications (UC) Channel Partner of the Year for 2016-17 & 2018-19.